Preparing Foster Youth for Adulting
Aging Out Institute is going to start a podcast series in 2020. We are going to interview people who are involved with youth aging out of foster care to get their perspective on what is needed to better help these young people prepare for life on their own after aging out of the system. People who are able to volunteer to be interviewed include (but are not limited to):
- Former foster youth
- Current or former foster parents
- Social workers
- Group home workers
- People who work with programs that support youth aging out of foster care
Interviewees need to be at least 18 years old to participate. Each podcast will be audio only and will last anywhere from 20-30 minutes in length. The podcast recordings will be distributed to a variety of podcasting services. During the interview, we will ask questions like:
- What is your background in the foster care system?
- From your experience, what do you think are the best strategies to help youth prepare for aging out of care?
- From your experience, what are the best strategies to help youth manage independence after they have aged out?
- What resources would you recommend?
- What does the current foster care system need to do to improve the outcomes of youth aging out of care?
If you are interested in volunteering to be interviewed, just fill out and submit the form below. We hope to hear from you!
Error: Contact form not found.
Thank you for volunteering!