The 2022 AOI Awards categories have changed slightly from 2021, but the key thing that remains the same is that applicants must represent a program or organization that supports youth aging out of foster care. Scroll down to find out more about this year’s exciting awards program!
We are again excited to be able to provide monetary prizes for the winners of our awards program! The amount for each program/organization size category was selected to be commensurate to general budget size. The larger amount for the Youth Impact category reflects the importance of applying strategies that actually make a difference in youths’ lives, as well as incorporating a solid process for identifying, measuring, and tracking the impact you are having.
The AOI Awards Program applications are peer-judged. Individuals who work have experience working with youth aging out of care and/or with measuring the impact of nonprofit strategies volunteer to participate in the program. This year’s judges are all representatives from last year’s award winning organizations. Click HERE to learn more about this year’s judges.
To be eligible to participate in the 2022 AOI Awards Program…
- The applicant must be a representative of a 501(c)(3) organization (nonprofit or education institution) in the United States.
- The organization or program must provide services to youth aging out of foster care (either preparing youth to age out or supporting them after aging out).
- To apply in 2022, the program or services that support youth aging out of care must have been implemented for at least three years, with a starting date of May, 2019 at the latest.
- If an organization or program wins an an award, they will not be eligible to apply again. HOWEVER, since we have changed the program to provide monetary prizes, we will adjust this rule for the 2018 and 2019 winners only:
- Organizations that won awards in 2018 will be eligible to participate in the AOI Awards Program again in 2022.
- Organizations that won awards in 2019 will be eligible to participate in the AOI Awards Program again in 2023.
START THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Click the button below to go to the online awards platform where you can create an account and start the application process. You will not have to complete the application in one sitting. You can start it, save it, and then come back to it.
There are five steps to the application process:
- Create an application file.
- Confirm that you understand the awards program rules.
- Provide basic information about the applicant.
- Provide information about your organization or program’s services.
- Upload any supporting materials.
You will see these as five tabs after you go into the awards program platform. (For those who applied in 2021, you will be able to access your previous application so that you can copy and paste previous responses into this year’s application.)
Clicking the button below will take you to the first tab in the application where you create and save an application in the platform. You complete all remaining steps in the awards program platform, not here on this website.