The 2021 AOI Awards categories have changed, but one thing that remains the same is that applicants must represent a program or organization that supports youth aging out of foster care. Scroll down to find out more about this year’s exciting awards program!
This year, we are very excited to be able to provide monetary prizes for the winners! The amount for each program/organization size category was selected to be commensurate to general budget size. The larger amount for the Youth Impact category reflects the importance of applying strategies that actually make a difference in youths’ lives, as well as incorporating a solid process for identifying, measuring, and tracking the impact you are having.
To be eligible to participate in the 2021 AOI Awards Program…
- The applicant must be a representative of a 501(c)(3) organization (nonprofit or education institution) in the United States.
- The organization must provide services to youth aging out of foster care (either preparing youth to age out or supporting them after aging out).
- To apply in 2021, the program or services that support youth aging out of care must have been implemented for at least three years, with a starting date of May, 2018 at the latest.
- If an organization or program wins an an award, they will not be eligible to apply again. HOWEVER, since we have changed the program to provide monetary prizes, we will adjust this rule for the 2018 and 2019 winners only:
- Organizations that won awards in 2018 will be eligible to participate in the AOI Awards Program again in 2022.
- Organizations that won awards in 2019 will be eligible to participate in the AOI Awards Program again in 2023.